What Does It Cost?
So... what’s all of this spectacularness going to cost?
Why, I’m so glad you asked!
Please keep in mind:
• Transport for your bike and luggage to Pedal the West and back home again. No bicycle disassembly, no bike packing, no bike shipping, no airline surcharges.
We'll pick up bikes and luggage in:
New York City
If you can take advantage of this service it’s huge -- you do NOT pay for bike packing, shipping, or re-assembly, and you don't pay airline fees for your bike or luggage. (By comparison, taking your bike on the plane along with a checked piece of luggage would cost an extra $350 r/t or so).
If you DO need to ship your bike, not to worry -- we’ll help you with the safest, least-expensive options.
• Five nights of lodging in top hotels. The price is based on two people per room. Single rooms available for an additional $XXX. (We don't earn anything from that extra fee -- we just give it to the hotels).
• Welcome drinks in Las Vegas.
• Three great full meals everyday. We do not do lunch on arrival and departure day, because you are likely to be on an airplane at lunchtime!
• We'll always buy drinks in sane quantities at dinner -- if you want that 50-year-old Scotch, you're on your own!
• Charter private aircraft from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon. If you prefer not to fly we will have free van shuttle to the Grand Canyon.
• Shuttle to move your bike and you ahead each day if you with to pedal a shorter route. (This is one of the best things about riding with us -- each day you can pick how far you want to pedal.)
• Professional bike mechanic available each day we ride.
• Full road support (S.A.G.) Are you out on the ride and had enough, or just need a hand? Call us and we'll be glad to help.
• Well marked routes, route sheets, and digital files for your Garmin or smartphone if you wish.
• All park entrance fees.
• All gratuities.
• If you are bringing your own bike case or box we are happy to transport it during the ride for free.
• Airfare. Prices vary (and some of you may be using frequent flyer miles).
• Bike rental. We assume that you are bringing your own bike. We can help you arrange bike rental if you wish, which costs extra.
• We often get non-pedaling friends or spouses who join us on trips and that's great. They pay the same price as cyclists.
• Dinners include wine or beer in sane proportions for those who wish to imbibe. If you want to drink beyond that (or want that $100 bottle of wine or $50 glass of port) you have to pay for it yourself.
• Legal marijuana in Nevada.
• As mentioned, we are transporting the bikes for free from seven different cities to Las Vegas and then back home from the end of the trip. If you want bike shipping and transport using a different method we are happy to help, but it will cost extra. There is no discount for NOT using the bike transport.
• Each day a pro bike mechanic will be available to tweak anything that needs tweaking. This is free. If your bike needs parts or major surgery it will cost extra.
• Spare inner tubes. Bring them. We will not provide them for free, and EVERY bike gets a flat sometime. I have a really whiny philosophy about WHY we don’t provide tubes, and if you’re extra good I promise to never bore you with it.
TOTAL PRICE:$xxx per person
Prices are based on two people per room.
If you want a room of your own please add $XXX (our cost).
Looking for a roommate to share? Just let us know during online registration --
We are here to help!
You don’t have to pay for the entire trip all at once if you don’t want to.
When you register for the ride we will ask for a $500 deposit by credit card to save your space in the ride.
The balance of the payment for your trip is due as follows:
An additional $1,000 per person is due within 30 days.
The final balance is due no later than August 1, 2022.
We'll send you an invoice as a friendly reminder when payment is due.
You can make payments by credit card, or pay by check and receive a discount of $100 per person for the trip.
Need to Cancel Right Away?
Not to worry -- you have 14 days from the time you register to cancel without penalty. You get back your entire $500 deposit AND the online service fees.
If You Cancel Between 15-30 Days
You will have a $500 credit with us, which you can use for any of our events.
If You Cancel After 30 Days
After 30 days we are unable to offer credits or refunds of any kind for any reason. You can sell your spot on your own if you wish, or we will try to sell it for you after the trip is full.
SO... we strongly recommend that you consider buying trip insurance . That way if something happens where you can’t attend the trip you’re covered. This insurance is offered by an excellent insurance company that has paid out many times to our cycling friends over the years. Every trip we do we get a last-minute plea from a cyclist with an emergency -- trip insurance covers you and gets you a refund. No matter how ill your mother/cat/ficus tree is, we can not issue ANY last-minute refunds.
Prices for the insurance? Depend on the options you pick. Feel free to go to the insurance site and play around -- no commitment or credit card required. No sales pitches or phone calls.